Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Miss California USA 2008



Raquel the next year went on to compete for the title of Miss California USA 2008. That evening Christina Silva was crowned and Raquel walked away with 3RD runner-up placement! About a week later a call comes in from Christina herself explaining to Raquel how she was in fact the real winner!

Here is the official press release!

MISS CALIFORNIA USA® 2008 CROWNS REAL WINNER


Christina Silva, who was crowned MISS CALIFORNIA USA® 2008 on Sunday November 25, 2007 at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles, relinquished her crown to the real winner Raquel Beezley after it was discovered that an accounting error resulted in her incorrectly receiving the prestigious title.

Twenty-four year old Silva said, "When I found out it didn't belong to me, I knew there was only one thing to do… no matter how difficult."

"This is a very unfortunate situation but Christina has made a trying situation less so by being one of the classiest women I have had the pleasure to work with and an absolute picture perfect role model" said California State Director, Keith Lewis, "I really would have enjoyed working with Christina as the reigning MISS CALIFORNIA USA®. I know that whatever she does, she is going to be a huge success."

Twenty-one year old Raquel Beezley from Barstow will go on to compete at the MISS USA® pageant on NBC in the April 2008 as the reigning MISS CALIFORNIA USA®.

Beezley was surprised when she received a call f ro m Silva congratulating her as the actual titleholder. "I think it is pretty impressive that Christina called me to inform me of the er ro r," Beezley said. "I hope over the next year I can show the same type of poise and grace under pressure as she has in such a short period of time."

The MISS CALIFORNIA USA® pageant is independently p ro duced by K2 P ro ductions under license f ro m The MISS UNIVERSE® Organization.


PRESS CONTACT:

Doug Haley
K2 Productions, Inc.
(310) 275-4339

No comments: